To request an item from the Kanawha County Library's e-Library, you must place a "hold" on the item. To do this you will need a valid library card. If the item is available at the time of the hold, it will be sent to the library of your choice. If all of the copies are checked out, your "hold" will reserve a copy of the item for you when it becomes available. If you are going out of town or simply want to wait to get the items, you may suspend your hold.
- Connect to the e-Library and login by entering your library card number and PIN.
- Forget your PIN? Call the library at 304-343-4646 or Contact Us online.
- Search the catalog and select the item you are interested in from your results.
- Click on Place Hold button. On some screens, you may need to click on Details to get to the actual item record and then place the hold.
- Select a pick up location by clicking on the down arrow next to Pickup At.
- Click on Place Hold button.
- The system will respond with a message about whether it could place the hold or not.
- Click on OK.
- You will receive an e-mail or letter notifying you when the material has arrived at the pick up location. Your hold pickup notice will state how long you have to pickup your hold but the basic time period is 10 calendar days.
Place a hold.